Scholars who wish to apply for one of the fellowships at NIAS should go to the Fellowship's page and download the appropriate application form.
Applicants are asked to apply by e-mail Application@NIAS.KNAW.NL and attach the following:
- a completed application form (to be downloaded)
- a research proposal describing the work that they propose to carry out at NIAS (maximum 1500 words, references excluded).
- a curriculum vitae (1 page)
- a list of (major) publications in refereed journals/books (1 page)
For applicants affiliated to a non-Dutch university:
- one letter in support of the application by an internationally known scholar from a university or research institute in the Netherlands.
The application form provides the option of adding a link to the applicant's personal website.
Applications will only be accepted in Word format.
Two publications in support of the application should be sent electronically (articles only), or by regular mail (books) to:NIAS
2242 PR Wassenaar
All information supplied will be treated with utmost confidentiality and used only by the Scholarship Committee, selected External Referees, and the Rector.
Please note, that the number of scholars expressing interest always exceeds the places available.
You will be notified by e-mail if your application fulfils initial requirements and has been passed on for the reviewing process. An indication when information about the outcome of the selection procedure will be given.